Monday, April 2, 2012

28 Months Came Way to Fast!!!






Mallory is now 28 months old and weighs about 28 pounds! She amazes me every day at all the things she knows and is learning! She still loves to read and has started using words that I wasn't aware she even understood! She loves to point out water towers, buses, motorcycles, and big trucks!

One day in the car, several weeks back, she asked me.."Mommy are you frustrated?"... I was actually speechless after she asked me this as I was driving down the road. A week or so later, she said to me in a sad little voice "she was frustrated". Last week in the car, she told me her blanket was frustrated! I really had to refrain from laughing, and proceed to ask her why it was frustrated.. she then informed me "cause it's dirty mommy." I told her that we could wash it when we got home and she gave me a happy smile!

Mallory is getting a lot more opinionated. I guess that comes with the 2 year old territory!! At times, she will fuss about which sippy cup she gets, which spoon or fork to eat with, and even where ketchup is put on her plate! However, she is getting better at eating meat even though we have to call all meat some form of chicken! This has been working, well, as long as there is ketchup or some sauce to dip it in! She now loves strawberries, when she wouldn't have anything to do with them about 3 months ago. She also still loves to sing. Her favorites she can sing are her ABC's, Jesus Loves Me, Skip to my Lou, Wheels on the bus, Row row your boat, Happy Birthday, This little light of mine, and several more. She also loves to play outside with Daddy's old mini wheelbarrow and wagon. She will follow John all over the yard and help him pick up sticks!!

My favorite thing she has recently learned is that she can now count to 10 pretty consist!! She has been able to count to 5 for a while, but just recently she started counting all the way to 10!! Now, if I can just get her to learn her colors! She has pink and black down, but all the others she confuses!!

She still loves to go to church and usually asks me every day if we can go! She is still very shy/timid around people she doesn't know, but she will talk our heads off!! Every time we are driving in the car, Mallory tells me she wants to go eat at a restaurant ad will start pointing at any building we are next to! This girl wants to eat out every meal!! Needless to say she doesn't always get her way!! I usually respond to her by saying, "we are going to eat at home today." Which in return causes her to say, I not want to eat at home mommy. No eat at home!

Mallory is way tougher than I may ever be with boo-boos. The other day at school and at home she fell and scratched her leg. To our surprise, as well as the teachers, we didn't find out about it until we saw blood running down her leg. I was really impressed that she didn't even complain or cry! She is such a big girl!! Now if we can continue to keep her allergies under control maybe we will stay pretty healthy!!

Mallory is definitely growing up way to fast!! I have to remind myself often to stop what I am doing and just enjoy spending every day with her! One of God's greatest blessing is children!

No comments: