Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Ugly Sewing table Makeover!






Well...about 5 years or so ago, my mom discovered this old ugly painted sewing table that was given to her from our neighbor Nel. She was like a third grandmother to my sister and I. I gladly took it thinking we could strip the paint and stain it just like John and I had done to the old typewriter desk, which turned out to be a really pretty piece! Well at one point in either GA or FL, sadly I can't remember, John and I attempted to start stripping the ugly green paint. After several hours of attempting, we just gave up and the ugly green sewing table sat in our garage until this week! Back in January, I went and bought the paint for the table, since stripping the paint was proving to be way to difficult. The paint actually sat in the Lowe's bag up until Sunday afternoon! My wonderful husband decided that I would probably never take the time to paint it, so he did it for me!! Oh how sweet this was!! After a lot of work, here is his work of art! I love it and can't wait to put all my sewing machines on top and start using it! This actually turned out to be one of my favorite and unique pieces of furniture in our house! Too bad it stays upstairs and most people will not get to see it! Here are the before and after pictures! I ended up going with a black undercoat paint and a creamy white on top. I sanded the corners for a distressed look.

No comments: