Tuesday, August 28, 2012

A Special Wedding and Adorable flower girl!

Well it's been almost 2 months since John's sister , Krista, married Matt. It's been crazy around here and I haven't stopped to take time to update the blog. Maybe one day I will be better about it.

The wedding was in Jackson, Ms on June 30th, 2012 . They got married in a beautiful old Episcopal church in downtown Jackson. I had the privilege of being the Matron of honor, while John was a scripture reader and usher. Mallory however had the best job of all besides the Bride of course and she was the flower girl! She got to wear a pretty dress and have a flower wreath for her hair, but due to rules with this church she was not allowed to walk down the isle. In order for a flower girl to walk down the isle, they require them to be at least 6 years old! Lets, just say we were pretty disappointed by this, but at the same time it was a lot less stressful this way!

So the day of the wedding, my parents drove Mallory up to Jackson to be in time for pictures... now I thought I told them to try and have her there by 2ish, but not to my surprise they didn't show up until closer to 3. This definitely caused a little craziness going on and due to pictures of the bridal party going on I was unable to do her hair! I will give my mom some credit, she did do her best at fixing Mallory's hair, however toddler hair is not her gift! Lets just say I was completely embarrassed by how her hair looked, but there was nothing I could do to fix it at this point! I am still anxious to see how bad the pictures turned out! Ha! All we can do is laugh about it now!

Being that I am a parent of a 2 yr old, I am always thinking about how unpredictable they can be at times. Therefore, in any formal group setting such as a church I always choose to sit near the back. I mean you never know when a fit could come on or how loud they may be right?? Well lets just say my parents must have more faith that I do of my child, cause as I am walking down the isle, I notice that my parents decided to sit about 4 rows from the front!! Yes, I said 4 rows from the front! Lets just say, I was on more pins and needles that my parents evidently were! However, to my surprise she didn't make a peep the entire time and kept watching everything and smiling! I was so proud and impressed!! Would she have done this great for John and I?? I honestly don't know, but I sure was proud of her and give my parents props for taking the risk and sitting so close up so she could see the service better! I am not sure I would have had the guts to do this!

After the wedding, we loaded up and drove to the Eudora Welty Commons, which is a beautiful old home. They had really yummy food and a band outside! It sure was hot! Poor Mallory was sweating pretty good. I finally pulled her hair back in a ponytail since it was stringy and wet looking. She had a blast dancing and listening to the music! After getting home late Mallory slept until 8am for us in the hotel room which was a record for her!

All in all it was a great weekend and we are super excited to have Matt in the Kirkpatrick family! Here are some pictures from the weekend.











No comments: