Tuesday, March 22, 2011

16 Months old is such a great age to be!





Well Mallory turned 16 months old on the 20th of March! I still can't believe how fast time has passed!! Here is a look at the past month!

She loves dancing to music!! Her favorite songs are "If your happy and you know it clap your hands", "I'm a little tea pot", Itsy Bitsy Spider, and "Old MacDonald had a farm".

She is still wearing size 3 diapers and some size 12 months clothes and some 18 months. We also, finally turned her car seat around and she loves it except when they get her out of the car for play school. We are back to crying now... I guess it's cause she can see me!

She had her 15 month check up a few weeks back. She got 3 shots and only weighted in at 20.5pounds, which according to the doctor was in the 5%(lowest we have ever been). We were also told to try and get her to drink more milk even if that required adding Chocolate or Strawberry syrup!!! I will go ahead and tell you that we are drinking more milk, but it doesn't include any extra syrup!!! Ha!!

She is still not eating meat at all and loves her starches!! Her favorite food is still Mac-n-Cheese and Mash potatoes.

She has started talking more. Her new words include: Eyes, Yes, uh oh, cheese, more, and please. She can also, show you how old she is, give you five, and knows where her nose, feet, toes, ears, mouth, teeth, and eyes are. She knows a lot more than she speaks!!! I can ask her to go get most things and she comes back with them.

Her favorite playtime includes doing puzzles, playing with her tea pot, shoes and purses, and riding the old horse I had when I was a child.

Mallory has been caught getting her purse and walking to the door ready to go with whom ever is leaving the house!! This is so funny to watch and even funnier that I never taught her to carry a purse. I guess she just saw me grabbing mine to leave the house!

Every meal now she goes to her highchair to wait to get in when she is hungry!

Mallory still take 2 naps if we are at home. One in the morning and one in the afternoon. If She is at play school then she only gets one nap, which is usually a long one!

Recently, after being in the car for over 9 hours on our trip to Dallas, we were sitting in Dallas traffic and Mallory started fussing. I preceded to ask her if she had a stinky diaper and to my surprise she said "YES" very softly !! I honesty thought she had no idea what I was talking about, but we pulled over and after checking her she did infact have a dirty diaper!! I guess toddlers know more than you think they do!!

All in all she is doing great and growing up way to fast!! John and I are truly blessed to have such a sweet little girl!! Here are some recent pictures! Enjoy!

1 comment:

Sarah_Joy said...

16-18 months was always my favorite age with my nephews and niece! I can't believe how grown up Mallory sounds! I can tell Caleb is just beginning to understand some of the things I say (no, food, milk, etc.) What an exciting age!

We are still hovering in the 3rd-5th percentiles, but at least we seem to be past the spit up!!! I will be interested to see what the Ped has to say at Caleb's 9 month next Tues.