Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Another wedding in Texas!










Back in March, we got to travel to Dallas to attend another wedding. This is my 3rd time to go to Texas this year!! I am pretty sure that is a record!! My youngest cousin, Jon, on my mom's side of the family got married!! I still can't believe he is old enough to get married!! It always seemed like he was so much younger than me!!

The 10 hour drive was not much fun, but Mallory did pretty good considering! She didn't really start to fuss until we were right in Dallas traffic!! I was also really nervous about how she would do attending the rehearsal dinner and wedding, but she did great. She actually slept through most of the rehearsal dinner and speeches and then John kept her outside in the hall with the other kids for most of the wedding!!

While we were there my mom and I gave Heather, the bride, a bridal luncheon the day before the wedding. This was our second time to do this in Texas, which means we have to haul all the decorations with us. Well, this time we decided to order the flowers local and carry them in the car in a bucket of water. Now, normally when you special order flowers you tend to expect to get what you ordered... well... mom went to pick up the flowers the day before we were leaving to drive and expected to find some really pretty purple Gerber daisies.... but ended up finding FUSHA pink Gerber daisies!! Now I have nothing against Fusha pink Gerber daisies as I did use them in my wedding, but the wedding colors were purple! So as you can imagine we were in a panic as pink flowers with all purple and black decorations didn't really flow! So after picking up some pink fabric to coordinate with the purple, we made it work and it actually turned out pretty cute! I am definitely getting lots of practice making up flower arrangements, but would never want to do it for a living! When telling Heather about the flowers we told her they were the very special Mississippi Purple Gerber Daisies!! She laughed and loved them anyway!!

I was blessed with such wonderful cousins! I have many wonderful and funny memories of them during the holidays and at Gulf Shores! I just wish we could have lived closer to them through the years!! The wedding was so sweet and God honoring! It was just perfect and fit Jon and Heather to a tee!! So happy for the both of them and wish them many many years of blessings!

Here are some pictures from the trip!

1 comment:

Sarah_Joy said...

The center peices are beautiful. I would have never guessed there was any last minute change!

Speaking of beautiful...Mallory is adorable in her little dress!