Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Bring the Rain....




Well it's a gloomy day here in Tallahassee. It's been raining off and on all day. Last weekend we got to go visit John's family and have a late Thanksgiving with them. John was in his best friend Jamie's wedding in Alabama on Saturday. It was really nice getting to spend some time with John's family, but at the same time made me sad we don't live closer.

I can honestly say that God blessed me with such loving and giving in-laws. Even though technically they are only my family by marriage, they treat me as if I am their own daughter. John's mom is one of the most giving persons I know. While we were there, we got to visit with some of John's cousins, his Aunt and Uncle and his Nanny. His nanny sent us home with a huge tin of homemade Caramel popcorn, which is very delicious!! Overall, it was a great weekend and I am looking forward to visiting again for Christmas!!

This week has been really busy for John. He has had several visitors at the plant, that are keeping him really busy. I spent some of Monday decorating the front door and entry of our house for Christmas. This was the first time I have ever tried to hang garland over our door and it wasn't the easiest thing to do with out a helping hand, but I managed to get it up there. Since a lot of the homes in our neighborhood including the front entrance of our subdivision are decorated for Christmas, I thought our house needed some decorations as well. I will try to post some pictures of our Christmas decorations for you to see. I still need to hang the wreath I made, but I am waiting on John to put a screw in the door.

Yesterday, on my way to do some much needed Christmas shopping, I heard a song on the christian radio station that really spoke to my heart. The song is "Bring the rain" by MercyMe. I am going to post the lyrics in case you have not heard this song.

"Bring the Rain"

I can count a million times
People asking me how I
Can praise You with all that
I've gone through
The question just amazes me
Can circumstances possibly
Change who I forever am in You

Maybe since my life was changed
Long before these rainy days
It's never really ever crossed my mind
To turn my back on you, oh Lord
My only shelter from the storm
But instead I draw closer through these times
So I pray

(Chorus)
Bring me joy, bring me peace
Bring the chance to be free
Bring me anything that brings
You glory And I know there'll
be days When this life brings me pain
But if that's what it takes to
praise You Jesus, bring the rain

I am yours regardless of the clouds that may
loom above because you are much greater than
my pain you who made a way for me suffering
your destiny so tell me whats a little rain

[1st Chorus]

Holy, holy, holy
Holy, holy, holy
is the lord God almighty
is the lord God almighty
I'm forever singing

[2nd Chorus 2x]

everybody singing
Holy holy holy
you are holy
you are holy


This song truly expresses the attitude that God wants us to have and live out during painful times in our life. I have seen so many Christians that have had circumstances happen in their life and instead of clinging to God and drawing closer to Him they turn away from God and blame Him for there pain. This really saddens me to see people blame such a loving God.

Back in 2003 my cousin Kristen, who was 12 at the time, somehow aspirated Staph Aeurous pneumonia in her body and within 24 hours it had destroyed her lungs and she was put on a ventilator. After many nights and weeks in the hospital, God chose to take her home to be with Him. I spent many nights and weeks trying to figure out how this could happen to our family, and God finally taught me to see this situation with a completely different attitude. You see we are only on this earth to give God glory.Our job is to honor Him in everything we do. I am so very thankful that Kristen's passing not only, brought people from all over the US to their knees in prayer, but also left a legacy to the people who knew her. It has been so encouraging to see God glorified in this situation. God has allowed Kristen to be a great testimony in my life, and I have had the privilege of sharing it to many. I can confidently, say that the day Kristen arrived in Heaven to be with our wonderful and almighty Lord, she was told "well done good and faithful servant". This tragedy, has not only brought Glory to God, but has challenged me to live each day as if it were my last and to make sure everyone I know will one day have eternal life just as Kristen is experiencing. It is my prayer that no matter what situation we may encounter, that we will realize that Jesus is much greater than any pain we may encounter and to suffer for His glory is an honor not a tragedy.

Sorry this ended up being so long, it's just what has been on my mind lately. Hope you enjoy the christmas decoration pictures.

No comments: