Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Another great Christmas and a blessed year!!





Christmas is already over and John and I are now back in Florida from a wonderful visit to both Mississippi and Alabama. This Christmas was wonderful! Not only did we get to see most of the Davis and Kirkpatrick family, but we also got to see the Hollomon family! This was the first year since my mom's parents passed away that we got to spend Christmas with them and boy was this a treat! The only one that didn't make it was my cousin Chris and I hate he didn't get to come, but maybe next year! John and I are so blessed to have the best families in the world!

It was so great to get to visit with family and eat some great food! Leaving is always the hard part, it seems to always remind John and I of our wish to live closer to home. I hope one day we will be able to live a little closer to family, but until then I will remain content that God has great plans for us here in Tallahassee.

While we were in Alabama, we got to attend John's church back home, which has been a rare occurrence over the last 3 years. Most of the time when we visit his parents, we have to spend Sunday driving home. The minute we walked in people were so excited to see us. It amazes me how friendly they have always been towards me. His church is a really small country church and has always treated me like they have known me as long as they have known John. This church is such a testament of Christ's love. I thank God for allowing us the opportunity to visit John's home church once again, but more importantly the impact they are having on their community.

Today, I have spent most of the day taking down all of the Christmas decorations and washing laundry from our trip. I have always loved putting up Christmas decorations, but taking them down is not near as much fun... At least I am almost done!!

My mom and dad are coming to visit this weekend and are also bringing the rest of our Christmas present, since we could not fit it all in our car. They gave us some beautiful light fixtures for our home and I can't wait to get them up! This was such a great gift and John and I could never thank them enough for this!! I am excited we are getting to see them again for a few days!!! When you live far from family- you cherish every moment you get to see them!

It's hard to believe that another year has already gone by. This month last year, John found out they were shutting down the plant he worked at in Valdosta, GA and he had to look for a new job. I can honestly say that without going through that event in our life, I would not be the person I am today. It's the neatest thing to see God take a situation such as a job loss to help you develop perseverance and to help you grow stronger with Him! God has blessed us so much this year with John's new job, new friends, a new home, a new church and many other things. As our economy continues to weaken, I am currently grateful that John still has his current job and we are able to pay our bills. The future looks so uncertain with the industry John works in, especially since they are shutting down plants every month and most of the companies are having major financial problems. So far we have been blessed and his plant has stayed in the clear. I continue to try and remain calm, knowing God is in control and He will get us through what ever this economy throws are way. I will always remember how God took care of us last year and that no matter what we will endure in the future that he will take care of us once again. I am so thankful I have a God that will never leave me nor forsake me!

I am excited to see what the future for John and I holds and to experience all that God has in store for us in 2009!! I pray that no matter what you are going through that you not forget that God is always there and He will never leave you!

No comments: