Wednesday, October 15, 2008

I was thinking the other day about how long it had been since we moved from Valdosta to Tallahassee. I couldn't believe it had already been almost 7 months. Boy does time fly or what!

This week has been pretty good so far. On Monday I got to keep a friends 2 years old while her and her husband worked. Their nanny who normally keeps him was on vacation. We had the best time playing with Thomas the train, talking about big trucks, and watching airplanes in the sky pass over our house. I have always heard of terrible twos but he was the complete opposite. He was great! I will say one of the diaper changes was quite traumatizing, but I managed to get it done!! Ha!

John left this morning to head to Minnesota for some work training. He was excited about getting to be in some colder weather. I guess it will be just Daisy and I until Saturday night when John gets home.

About a week ago John and I planted our very first fruit tree. It's a Eureka Lemon tree. We are excited about it and hope it actually produces some lemons. It's not a very big or tall tree but it's cute! I don't think it's going to get over 4 ft tall.

Last weekend in Valdosta at our church was the youth groups Mud Bowl football games as well as homecoming on Sunday. Seeing pictures on facebook brought back wonderful memories of living in Valdosta! It was also the big high school football game "winnersville". This is where Valdosta High plays Lowndes High. This is the biggest rival game ever and always is a sell out! This year the win went to Lowndes once again. I think that every year we lived there they won the game, I always felt bad for Valdosta High. If you ever want to go visit a town that lives and breathes football take a trip to Valdosta, GA! Not only is high school football big, but also the local division 2 college Valdosta State University, has a really great football team. They were division 2 champs last year! Go blazers!

Well enough about valdosta, how about those Bulldogs who beat ranked Vandy last weekend! Boy was I happy we finally got another win! Funny enough most people here in Tallahassee think you are talking about the Georgia Bulldogs when you mention the Bulldogs. Yesterday when John and I were at the eye doctors office the doctor and his wife, who works the fronts desk, noticed John's MSU shirt he had on and said they were big fans to! They have a son who goes to graduate school there and is an athletic trainer for the football team. Wow, what a small world! They even said they attended Super Bulldog weekend last year. It's really neat when you meet people who have connections to back home here in Fl, because I don't feel like people here in tallahassee understand what it means to live in the real south.

Well enough about football, I need to get ready to run a few errands.

No comments: