Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Happy Valentines Day!!










Yesterday was Valentines day. It happened to also be John's day off this week since he is working this Saturday. So, Mallory and I were lucky to be able to spend the entire day with John!! We had lots of fun. It started out with a yummy breakfast that John cooked. It included biscuits, eggs and bacon. We spent some time outside picking up pecans in the yard and just playing ball with Mallory. After a nap for Mallory, we decided to do take out for dinner instead of going out to eat. We ended picking up barbecue at this new place that just opened up the street. It was actually really good and the best chicken I have had in a long time. The meat was falling off the bone!!

John was so sweet and spoiled me with some beautiful red roses, a piece of Chocolate Pie, a sweet card, and a gift card to go eat a my favorite Thai restaurant in town. He way out did himself.

I got a little crafty this year. Mallory and I spent the afternoon making valentines last week and had the best time. She loves to color so, she loved decorating her valentines!! I also made some valentines this year for her class, instead of buying them. I was also asked to bring cookies for her class party, so I decided that I would just get our talented long time friend Mrs. Beth to make them. The turned out way cuter than I could have ever made and were also really yummy!!! I am sure they were a hit with her classmates!

There is this new website called pinterest that can be really addicting, but I actually have gotten some cute ideas from it. I put one to use for John's valentines present. I found this container at the dollar tree for a 1.00 yes, I said a dollar!! I added 20 reasons I love John typed onto strips of paper and folded them and put them in the jar. Now, to my surprise he loved it and I could tell he thought it was one of the best gifts he had gotten!! Lesson learned, that it's more about the thought than any amount of money you spent!!

I with out a doubt have the very best Husband in the world and I am very lucky that God blessed my life with him.

Here are some pictures from Valentines! Enjoy.

No comments: