Sunday, August 21, 2011

Unwanted New Wildlife




In the last two weeks, a lovely Alligator has decided to make it's home in the lake my parents house is on. In case you didn't think you read that right... I did just type Alligator!! The first time John spotted him we were all in shock and really disbelief!! He has never gotten very close to our bank side, so you have to use binoculars to see it. Lets just say... I am not to excited about this!! John and my Dad think it's pretty funny! My Dad even said he hopes it eats some of the turtles and snakes!!

Tonight John and I got in the little boat my dad has with his trolling motor and went out to try and see if we could find him!! I know you are thinking we are crazy...but according to John and my Dad he doesn't appear to be very big!! My only goal was to really get some pictures.... and I didn't want to get very close at all!! I mean why risk it you know?? Well, as I am shooting the pictures with my parents camera, John keeps getting closer and closer... assuming I wanted to get some really close up pictures!! Lets just say he scared me out of my pants.... as well as the gator that decided to fall of the log and into the water about the same time!! Of course, I just knew he was coming after us and we were going to be eaten alive!! Thankfully, the somewhat small alligator was more or less scared of us and just decided to hide all but his head in the water and just stare at us. The awful stare was almost as scary and I was quickly ready to get back on land and out of the boat!! Anyway... here is the proof that we have a alligator living in the back yard/lake!! I am wondering if the wildlife people are really going to come and get him like they have said... I guess we will just have to wait and see... but until then I will be keeping my distance!!

No comments: