Saturday, July 23, 2011

A new Niece, Trip to Gulf Shores, and 20 months old










Well I have not blogged in a wile so, I finally am taking the time to sit down do it. So much has happened over the last month that it's been pretty crazy around here!

My sister welcomed her newest little girl into the family on July 9, 2011!! Her name is Caroline Leigh Harrell and she weighed 6.6 pounds!! She is so adorable and I love her so much already!! It amazes me how little she seems compared to how little I remember Mallory!! She has a head full of dark hair with most of it in the back and is such a sweet baby!! I just hope she starts sleeping through the night soon for katy's sake!! I mean having 2 kids under two.... has got be really exhaughesting!!! Much to the oppositte of me she never complains one bit either!!! I am amazed by her stregnth!!

The weekend before Miss Caroline Leigh was born was the 4th of July. John, Mallory, Daisy and I decided to pack up the car and head to Gulf Shores to the Bay house. I was a little nervous about Katy having the baby while we were gone, but we went anyway! It was so peaceful down there. We played in the bay, at the beach and just relaxed! I was so sad to head back to reality on Monday.

Mallory has now turned 20 months old!! Gosh we are way to close to 2 years!! Where has the time gone? She is talking even more now. Two times now before we even turned into the Goodyear store she eyes the sign and says da da ... I couldn't belive she actually new where we were!! She loves playing in the tires and pushing the nascar tire around the store while were are visiting pops and dada. She painted John and I her first picture at church nursery wednesday night! I was so proud!!! She just loves taking her shoes on and off and usually puts them back on the wrong feet. She has now told me two different times that there was poop in her diaper-- I guess that means we are getting closer to the whole potty training thing!! Oh and that sure is a scary thought, espicially since according to my mother I was a horrible toddler to train!! I guess we will find out if its payback?? Ha... She will now eat chicken nuggets from Wendys!! Yea another food item added to our list!! She is truly such a joy and I am truly blessed that the Lord put her in our life!!

Well I have lots of laundry I am behind on so that's all for now.

Here are some pictures!

Enjoy.

1 comment:

Sarah_Joy said...

Love the photos! She is at such an adorable age. So far I think year #2 is was more fun than the first one was : )